Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


I picked up my phone.  New text message.  "You have mail."

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." - Albert Schweitzer

These were just a few of the words, all of them unexpected and each one of them treasured deep in my heart.  I can honestly say that I disconnected myself from Mother's Day a long time ago.  Trying my damndest to ignore that it exists, for many reasons. 

Thank you, Pales.  Honestly, I feel like I owe you thanks a thousand times over.  It is not lightly that I say you are as much inspiration to me as you say I am to you.  When something is broken, you bring the glue.  When something is lost, you search.  When something is missing, you fill in the blank.  When the sink clogs....ok, I'll leave that part out.

It is a pleasure to watch you spread your wings and fly.  I know you will reach the highest skies and when you need a little grounding, I'll be right here. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment