Sunday, January 8, 2012

2011 ToP 10

A couple of weeks into the year and it dawns on me that I spend the majority of my time seeking, reviewing, acquiring and listening to music.  I can't let the new year get too much in swing without recognizing what I think were the best releases of 2011.  I'll admit now that there are a couple on the list that I included that are technically not albums, but EP's.  In such cases, it means that I enjoyed their 2010 releases so much that they remain on my list of favorites for yet another year.

FYI - my list is just a list.  It doesn't necessarily go from best to worst, or vice versa. It's the music from this past year that I continue to play and the tunes that remain in my head.

1.  The Kills  "Blood Pressure"
2.  Bon Iver  "Bon Iver"
3.  Home Video  "A Quiet Place"  EP
4.  Foster The People "Torches"
5.  Feist  "Metals"
6.  James Blake  "James Blake"
7.  Adele  "21"
8.  Audra Mae & The Almighty Sound
9.  Boy & Bear
10  Gotye  "Making Mirrors"

No comments:

Post a Comment