Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer Light


Soaking up the last of the summer light, I tried my best to say goodbye to summer.  Labor Day weekend here and gone and I'm still not ready to bid farewell to bright sun and warm breezes.  A friend of mine recently mentioned how the end of summer somehow seems to mark the beginning of another year to her.  I never really thought about it before, but I feel much the same way.  Winter is not completely horrible, it's just my desire to hold on to the last bit of what I consider the end of another year. 

A year ago, I was still smoking in my car and my house.  Although I have not managed to quit officially, I have managed to keep my habit outdoors with no plan on returning to my old ways.  A year ago, a good friend of mine was coping with an incredibly hard time in her life.  I have watched her grow and blossom in so many ways this year - and that makes me smile on the inside and the outside.  A year ago, I had an old and broken dog who I loved dearly and still miss everyday.  Now, I have a wild buffalo of a young dog who keeps me busy on a daily basis, picking up and repairing the day's destruction.  She is growing on me despite her frequent psychotic episodes. 

Maybe it's not so bad.  The end of another year.  Things changed, decisions were made, lessons were learned and in turn - growth.  It's the beginning of another year, the beginning of who knows what.  Goodbye summer light, hello tomorrow.

melodia

1 comment:

  1. "Now, I have a wild buffalo of a young dog"
    *laughs so damn hard :)

    Good as always Zu !!

    I'm never quite sure if it's an end or a beginning. i guess it depends on how many chapters you plan on writing.

    ReplyDelete