Friday, February 5, 2010

Ta-Da

Feb 4, 2010
Mood: Anxious
Ciggies:  7
Glasses of Wine:  4
Dum-Dums:  3
Burnt bags of popcorn:  1        

Doing your taxes sucks, and I've spent the better part of my day catching up on my general ledger entries for the year.  I am no where near finished, so the brain-fry has just begun.  Every year I say I'm gonna keep up with it monthly and I never do.  Guess you can say that I never learn.  I wonder if the wine and cigarettes that I am finding necessary to get through this task are tax deductible.  Hell, I'm saving the receipts and entering them in the damn ledger under insurance.  Insurance that I don't friggin lose my mind.
So....as I am sifting through mountains of paper, making piles and keying numbers in a ledger I am listening to my ITunes.  I started to wonder if I had to pick my top 10 songs of all time, which ones would make the list?  To supress the dreadful boredom of data entry, I started to make a mental list which I think I finalized tonite.  Maybe I've over-looked a song.  I just kept writing and striking off the list until I felt I could no longer strike a single song on the list.  I had a majorly difficult time picking just one Stones song.  Truth is, I could almost devote my list to the Stones.  Some of the songs have sentimental meaning, as a friend pointed out about some of my sexy foods.  And, yes, I did notice that the major part of the list is classical rock and that I didn't include any of the genres that I listen mostly to these days.  I fully expect debate on the list to follow, and I don't mind one bit - although, I will not be striking a thing from it.


10.  "Lentil" - Sia
9.   "Everlong" - Foo Fighters
8.   "Florida" - Patty Griffin
7.   "All Along the Watchtower" - Dave Matthews (killing 2 birds with one song)
6.   "Sitting Still" - REM
5.   "Speak To Me/Breathe" - Pink Floyd
4.   "Bargain" - The Who
3.  "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" - Led Zeppelin
2.  "Locomotive Breath" - Jethro Tull
1.  "Gimme Shelter" - Rolling Stones

One of these days, I'm gonna learn how to pop these suckers out in a separate window (help, KC). In the process of trying to figure it out, I saw that Kurt Cobain's daughter is going to be making her musical debut.  I named a dog I rescued after her once, 'cause I thought the name "Frances Bean" was funny.  The dog was funny, so it fit.  She left my house with a young couple, headed for North Carolina.  I have no idea where Frances Bean is today.  The dog, not the singer. Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. "For the record Zu I give you 9,7, and 3. But if you ever, ever, play Jethro Tull around me I wont be responsible for the consequences ...."

    check out my rebuttal

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, if you must....substitute Outlaws "Green Grass and High Tides"

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok ill give you that one too if we can drop tull. but only because there is grass involved ;-)

    ReplyDelete