Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm Always In This Twilight

So, this odd habit of multi-tasking sometimes finds me in the weirdest ways.  Mondays are days that are intended for me to do my paperwork.  I've never liked Monday's much for this very reason.  Although, I admit, occasionally I slack on the work and wander off in another direction entirely.  As I sort through the papers, enter receiveables and write checks I have other things going on in the background.  Usually, I am listening to Pandora, Slacker or some off-beat mixtape site - jotting down names of songs that I want to download.  I catch up on blogs, research, look up recipes, download knitting patterns - all between crunching numbers and working on ad sheets. 

Thanks to a good SL friend I found myself on a little 2 hour tangent today.  She recommended that I check out "Florence & The Machine" and after I started digging around I was swept away.  (Cheers VK)  To the point that I found inspiration.  For the first time in quite a while, I was lost in a rhythm, emotion and the peaceful calm of creation. 



I did a little research on Florence and I think she might be my new best friend.  A quote from her blog, "Florence writes her best songs when she’s drunk or has a hangover, because that’s when the freedom, the feral music comes, creating itself wildly from the fragments gathered in her notebooks and in her head. “You’re lucid,” she explains, “but you’re not really there. You’re floating through your own thoughts, and you can pick out what you need. I like those weird connections in the universe. I feel that life’s like a consistent acid trip, those times when things keep coming back.”

melodia

And in the dark, I can hear your heartbeat
I tried to find the sound
But then it stopped, and I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

I took the stars from our eyes, and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back
Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you

No comments:

Post a Comment