Saturday, January 9, 2010

Nee-Nee

Baby Mamas, please. I cease to find the so-called "beauty" of breast-feeding. I don't want to see it taking place at a table in a restaurant. I don't want to see it on a bench in the middle of a shopping mall. Above all else, as a hairdresser, I don't want you to pick up your nearly 2-year old, sit her in your lap and stick her head under the cape while I'm cutting your hair! Seriously, don't. Take it as a hint when I excuse myself immediately after this happens and walk at a quick pace to the restroom. Get a clue when I stay in the bathroom until my assistant knocks on the door signaling to me that it's over.

Honestly, it takes from an hour to an hour and a half to cut and style your hair. Couldn't you take care of the baby before you visit the salon? Can't the baby wait until you are finished? Hell, if it's that necessary at that mintue - go to the bathroom for god's sake. Don't make us who have never had babies (and some who have, actually) watch. Don't make us pretend there's not a child sucking on a tit in the room. A child who will soon be having her 2nd birthday and is walking around and talking. A child who asks for "Nee-nee" should be smart enough to comprehend "Not now. Wait" .......Seriously, really!

1 comment: